Friday, October 1, 2010

Two Visits

We had a fun quick visit from my dad this week. He was in town for some meetings and managed to come spend a few hours with us. The first night he came right as the kids were getting in bed. Poor Emily was devastated that she had to go to bed while Grandpa was still here and kept saying, almost in tears, "but I don't want Grandpa to leave!"

He came back two days later and played with the kids for a while outside, then took us to lunch at Rudy's barbecue. He had to hurry to the airport and I forgot to take a picture until after he left. Oops. We had fun though! Thanks, Dad!

The second visit was Elinor's to the doctor's office. She had her two-week appointment today. She is doing fine but seems to be shrinking (I think those medical assistants just need to learn to measure better). She was supposedly 21 inches at birth, 20-1/4 inches at one week, and 20 inches at two weeks. Still gaining weight though. Actually, according to our measurements today, she is the exact same length and weight that Caleb was at birth. Yikes! He was a big baby! I am glad I survived that. Anyway, hopefully Elinor will start gaining length soon as well or she could end up a very chubby baby!

I got that last picture off my phone and as I was looking through the others I found these too and thought they were too cute to not post.
I love this Daddy-son catch picture. Caleb of course has no reflexes for catching since he's just 18 months old. Joseph worked with him though and he was pretty proud when he could end up with the ball in his hands, even if Joseph had pretty much handed it straight to him.
We love our little Texas boy.

1 comment:

Jeff and Lindsay said...

Amanda,
It looks like you are busy with three little ones, I'm so happy for you guys. It seems like we just left Austin, but it's been a while. We miss you all. Take care.
Lindsay Neeley