We have our sticker charts, as I have shown earlier. So far Emily has filled three of them and loves the prizes that she's received. I think I might not make any more though. Emily was quite desperate for the third prize (some play cups) and did some pretty sneaky stuff to get them. First she tried pulling off a sticker from the second chart and putting it in a square on the third chart. That one almost fooled me - I figured it out while she was in bed though and set things right. Then she figured out another strategy. Today she would go potty and then run to her chart and say, "Oh, Mommy, I need three stickers!" And I would tell her that she couldn't have any more until she went potty. So she would think for a minute and announce, "I have to go potty!" And then my hands were tied. What could I do? Tell her no? So she would go potty again and the cycle would begin again. Needless to say, she got those cups in record time.
I think she is permanently trained even without rewards now. She stays dry through naps and tonight she even woke up and went by herself, so I am expecting her to be mostly dry in the morning. She's a stinker, but she's also such a sweetie. I'm glad that this has been a relatively painless process.

And on a totally unrelated note, I love this shot of Joseph dancing with Caleb and Emily dancing with her doll. What a cute little gathering!
The whole time I was standing taking pictures, Emily was yelling, "Come dance with us, Mom!"
4 comments:
I love that last picture! and I'm toooootally jealous of your potty training triumph. We...aren't doing that well. We have to get past the "no, you can't go potty on the carpet just to make me mad" stage.
I guess I have to stop letting it make me mad first...
I love it! Emily makes me smile a lot.
You guys are such a great family.
hooray for emily! i'm glad she is doing so well - only one of yours in diapers now!
Your family is the cutest. I can only hope the Eric trains as quickly, even if he cheats I will be one happy momma.
Post a Comment