I'll post a video of our racquetball simulation soon, but I like the way this video looks. What I've done here is recorded data of me walking around the motion capture room. Then I force corresponding points on the simulated human to follow my motions (letting all other points dangle free within physical and natural constraints). If you only trace the head, feet, and hands, you can do pretty well in tracing out human motion, but that's not what you see here.
3 comments:
First off... you've got to do something about your posture.
Secondly, that's pretty awesome! I like it a lot, and it looks like the four-point demo would be really good at limbo.
Also, what were the little sparklies and "heat distortions" visible in the video?
I'm very happy with the 32-point tracking. It looks very good.
So, I though this video was way too long for my (15 second) attention span, but it really is pretty cool. I like the last 30 seconds the most.
Good job, Joseph. You work hard and make cool stuff.
I don't think that's actually my posture. The simulation has different proportions than I do and the mapping of LEDs onto body parts was rather ad hoc. All that said... yeah, I've gotta work on my posture.
The limbo song was the inspiration for the title of this post.
The sparkles and distortions that you see are one of three things: 1) compression artifacts, 2) floating gold spheres representing the marker points on the tracker suit, or 3) gray trails representing where the markers have been over time.
Post a Comment