
I just got moved into a new lab. My original office assignment was just a temporary placement while they finished construction on another area. The new place is... still under construction. The person who used to share my office space was a nice guy from Korea. Now I share my cubicle with this nice cockroach from Madagascar. I'll post another picture of my lab later. I just thought this guy was amazing.
4 comments:
Hi Joseph,
This is your cousin Byron Black. I was sent the link to your blog from my Mom. I noticed this picture and you described it as a cockroach from madagascar. Actually it's common name is a Giant Water Bug =) I caught a few of them around my house when I was a kid. See the below URL:
http://www.pca.state.mn.us/kids/c-october.html
So if anyone tells you its a Cockroach don't believe them =) Its just a harmless water bug!. Great Blog by the way. If you ever need to search for anything you can use my companies web site http://www.yahoo.com
What a great company to work for!
Talk to ya later!
Giant water bug, huh. Fair enough, although I presume roaches are also harmless. Both seem equally large and unpleasant to have crawling on you. I found this link to Keeping Madagascar hissing cockroaches as pets. They definitely look quite different. We're going to get some for Emily to play with since I'm allergic to cats and dogs. It looks more interesting than a goldfish.
I think I've heard of yahoo before. That's cool that you work for them.
The Wikipedia article on Giant Water Bugs says that they're also known as "Toe-biters" and that "[t]heir bite is considered one of the most painful that can be inflicted by any insect." Amanda said she'd rather live with roaches.
We babysat some hissing cockroaches once. We kept losing one only to find that it had crawled onto my sons's back and was hiding under his shirt. Then we lost the other one for two months until I found it (alive still) in a photo album box. After that I decided that we aren't going to keep hissing cockroaches as pets no matter how much my husband wants to. Not in the house anyway.......The day after we lost our giant cockroach an exterminator came to our house and said the people in the other side of our duplex had a cockroach problem and could they please inspect our side!
Post a Comment