For FHE the Monday before Easter Joseph and the kids came up with an extensive and detailed list of things our family would do to celebrate Easter this year. The kids' lists and pictures were awfully cute
 |
| This was El's. The little eggs and strawberries are so cute! Caleb's list was pretty cute too, but it's long gone by now. And Emi's was the most coherent and useful. |
The first couple of things on the list were decorating the house and dying eggs, but I didn't get any pictures of that. Another thing that was important to the kids was drizzling/dipping strawberries in chocolate.
 |
| Everyone got involved. |
 |
| Emi's creation. |
 |
| Yum! |
And here's a random picture of Caleb and Elinor.
 |
| For
the last couple of years we've had the kids plant jelly beans the night
before Easter and they harvest lollipops the next morning. We've tried
to make it very clear that it only works the night before Easter, but I
have to admit I've dug up more surprise jelly beans in the garden than I
thought I would. |
 |
| Yeah, it might be more magical if they weren't so blatantly commercial. Maybe we'll go for a more artsy type next year. |
Like these?
 |
| Or these would be cute in a garden. |
But you know if we were ordering off the internet we'd end up with something like these awesome lollipops:
 |
| Eye of Sauron, anyone? |
And we had a belated family Easter egg hunt the Tuesday after Easter. It was enjoyed by all. I love having a yard and a handful of kids to make it fun.
 |
| Elinor's signature look. |
More of Elinor's artwork:
 |
| Joseph had sketched out this Spongebob for reasons that I don't really want to go into here (really, we do not support that show. We feel that it makes children stupider). Elinor found it and decided to try her hand at it. And then she make a couple of teeny ones and decided they needed a heart to show that they were in love. |
And sometimes the kids have impromptu picnics in the backyard. All the while
I'm in the kitchen wondering why everyone is all of a sudden so hungry.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment