Friday, October 24, 2014

Gifts

So, last Christmas my awesome family got together and gifted me a bike. Fixed it up, packaged it, and sent it in the mail to Boulder. I was so excited, but the time was not right for us to ride as a family. El was still on the Strider, I had Jake to finagle as well, and I didn't want to buy a big double trailer just to move it in a couple of months. Anyhoo, fast forward about 9 months, and here we are in Sunnyvale in a more permanent situation and with Elinor now a seasoned pro on her two-wheeler. The time seemed right. So I found a bike seat on Craigslist and it has been awesome. Jake loves it, I love it, and the older kids think it's great having me along on their bike rides. We often ride to the grocery store a block or two away when we need to pick up only a few things. And California weather is great for bike riding. It's worked out so well and I am so grateful to my family for giving me this bike!




I don't have much else to say today, but while we're on the subject of gifts, aren't these Japanese postcards great? My sisters brought them back from Japan for me and I finally got them framed and hung. I love them.
Sorry about the angle - it was very difficult to not get a crazy glare.

Whenever the camera comes out, the kids want a part of the action. This is totally typical, by the way. Sweet, cooperative Emily, Elinor doing something all her own, and Caleb feigning coolness/solemnity. Jacob is probably in the kitchen playing with knives.

Um, and yes. This strange scene...
I was freezing ground beef (we buy it huge and freeze quarter pound chunks) while the kids were working at the table. Then I turned around and noticed just how strange the whole setup seemed. Anyone up for a snack??
My cute babies licking the whipped cream beaters, sitting atop Jacob's beloved blanket.

 PS - Jacob's Halloween costume...
Nah, just kidding. It looks like him, though, right? We just found it here. It cracked us up in these wee hours of the morning.

No comments: