Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Beach

Yesterday I decided sort of last minute to take the kids to the beach. I looked one up online really quick, packed up a lunch, and we headed out.
We stopped at Target on the way for sand toys, but all they had left was one single, lonely little bucket. So, yep. That was our equipment for the day.
This was the moment I knew we had made the right decision in making the trip to the beach.


Jacob and Bel spent a lot of time playing in the sand.

We put that bucket to good use.
Jake was a little distressed by all the sand sticking to his hands. And I'll be honest - he had reason to be distressed -lunch was a touch more sandy than I prefer.
Emi and Caleb spent a LOT of time in the water.
I've gotta get this girl some surfing lessons.

We had such a great time at the beach. We are very lucky to live in a city so close to so many beaches! I think I'm slowly bringing the kids around to liking California (they were very opposed to leaving the snow in Colorado).

Today we just went to the dentist. (I know, I know. Sort of a let down after beach day!) It was a pediatric office so they totally knew how to handle kids and let Elinor and Jake do their whole checkup and cleaning in this chair together! I thought it was pretty adorable.

2 comments:

katharine said...

lucky kids! lucky you! i have lots of great beach memories from when i was little

rebecca said...

We love the beach! Good job for making a spur of the moment decision. Those are really hard for me.