So, right now I am trying to distract myself from the $300 of running clothes in my Zappos cart... so I thought it would be a good time to put some of my greatest blurry cell phone pictures up here for my mother's enjoyment. (Love you, Mum!)
About a year ago, Jacob got pretty sick. Joseph and I feel like we are experienced parents (at least of babies and toddlers) by now, so we felt pretty calm about it all. We noticed his cough sounded a little croupy, so we did the shower treatment... repeatedly... all night long. Around 4:30 am I decided I'd had enough and his breathing was scary enough that I took him in to the children's hospital in Austin. They took one look at him and took him back to a room right away. Apparently his breathing was what they called "stridor" and is pretty serious. They gave him a steroid and then a breathing treatment of racemic epinephrine, which helped for about ten minutes. Then they gave him another breathing treatment, and another, and then they admitted him. He totally perked back up and was normal again by mid-morning so I requested that they send us home ahead of schedule.
 |
| Here is Jake mid-treatment... |
 |
| and a couple of hours later. |
This one other time, one of my wonderful young women was fiddling at a food trailer park in Austin. Em and I went out to enjoy and support. And to play with this giant Jenga set.
 |
| Pretty awesome. |
If you look closely at this picture below, you can see Emily standing on a make-shift stage wearing a red baseball cap on her head and holding an unlit torch. This picture was taken back in her street performing days when she was trying to raise money to buy gifts for her siblings. Not really, but she did make $5, which she later used for Christmas presents for Caleb and Emily. She's pretty awesome.
 |
| Okay, what really happened was that we were wandering down Pearl Street and this street performer was looking for volunteers to help out. After a couple of other girls chickened out, Em stepped up. She's a natural. |
 |
| One of El's earliest experiences with Autumn leaves. |
 |
| Caleb trying on Em's elephant costume for an Anansi play that her school group did. |
 |
| Jake experiencing the snow. |
Okay. I think I'm alright now. I'm just going to head back to Zappos and weed some stuff out of that cart.
No comments:
Post a Comment