I feel so overwhelmed with things to post today that I am going to take it easy.
Here is about all that I can handle right now:
First: Yesterday morning was our first morning home after a long trip. Joseph left for work, I put Elinor and Jacob in the bathtub, and two minutes later Caleb fell and split his head open. Again. Remember this picture from when Caleb was almost two?
Yeah... the new cut is about an inch above the old one. (Awww. Baby Caleb is so cute!) I was so lucky that my awesome friend Reianna was out on the playground and willing to come in and patch him up with a few steri-strips.
Next. This morning I really wanted to go walking with said awesome friend Reianna. I went to pull out the double stroller, only to find a mud wasp nest on it! I was so creeped out and Joseph was already at school. I ran inside to research whether or not there were live adult wasps inside, and then took a hammer and smashed that thing right off the stroller. Guess how gross wasps are: they lay their eggs inside the nest, add a few paralyzed insects for the larvae to snack on, and seal it off. So Emily and I got to examine some super gross fat white grubs and a bunch of slowly wiggling spiders this morning. Excuse me while I go puke.
And also. Yesterday I pulled out some shorts I had just gotten for Caleb. He saw the pockets and instantly proclaimed them adventure shorts. I asked if he could still wear them so I could see if they fit and he said, "Yeah, I guess we can go on an adventure today." So we did.
It was awesome. I kept feeling like we were on an expotition to the East Pole.
Love those kids.
And one more thing. A while ago, like back in May sometime, Emily came to me with this picture:
I know! I didn't even know I was such an awesome mother that my kids would know about van Gogh and his Starry Night, but here's proof! (okay, so maybe kindergarten had something to do with it, but still.) This one got the frame treatment. Emily was so proud.
And just one last thing. Joseph's current official title is "Robot Handler" on the set of a movie being filmed here in Austin! It has been highly stressful and uncomfortable for him (no ac in a giant barn in Austin in the middle of June? No thanks.), but that's kind of a cool title to have on your resume, right? Kind of like a lion tamer but more techy.
Alright. More to come, but that's it for now. Adventures every day for us!



5 comments:
Love it, Amanda. I wish we could go adventuring with you to the East Pole.
We just read that Pooh story yesterday! I want to go on an expotition too.
i was thinking about caleb's old gash just this afternoon, because seth got one too. i need to get steri strips, i had to use butterfly bandages this time.
love the adventure shorts and all the other tidbits you shared. miss you!
I think after reading this and the comments that I need to get steri strips and butterfly bandages. As soon as I figure out what they are...
Man I miss you guys!
Post a Comment