I know it's a little late, but I wanted to say a word about Easter.
We had a nice time celebrating it as a family this year. First we went to visit the S.A. Coopers and had our annual hunt there. The kids love visiting their cousins and playing with the dog.
 |
| Hunting, hunting... |
 |
| This is not a good picture of Caleb, but Ralphie's little nose int he background cracks me up. He so wanted to join the hunt. |
 |
| There's my cute caleb. Plus husband's feet. |
 |
| And here's my other son. I do have one, we just have hardly any photographic evidence of it. |
 |
| Me and the baby. Suzie's feet. |
A week later we decided to do some of our own stuff. We had the kids plant jellybeans Friday night and make little markers. We were very clear about this only working one day in the whole year.
Saturday morning rolled around...
 |
| Ha! I love Em's face! They grew lollipops! Emily mostly thought it was just silly because lollipops don't have roots so they obviously can't grow. Caleb had high hopes for some Cadbury mini-eggs that he planted the next day. Elinor just appreciated the bonus candy. |
We had a playgroup Easter egg hunt and an apartment hunt which were a lot of fun.
 |
| Doesn't Caleb have the manliest Easter basket you've ever seen? |
 |
| We always set treats out for them the night before. We have a hard enough time with the whole Santa Claus thing that we've never even tried to have the Easter Bunny visit us. |
We dyed some eggs and decorated them with these cool velvet-textured designs and some pretty blingy rhinestones. The eggs got pretty banged up in the process.
 |
| The girls definitely approved of the jewels. |
And really quickly (I know this post is getting long), while we're on the subject of artistic creations, Caleb has finally started to draw a little bit. It has been really fun to see his progression.
 |
| The one on the left is one of his earliest. The one on the right is slightly later. I love how none of them have bodies. Just really long legs and turned-in feet. |
 |
| A little more advanced... The one on the right is one of his latest and Joseph and I love it. No head, no body, but it still works. I love the little pigeon-toed feet and the stick hands. And the mouth-neck and floating eyes. Caleb is pretty awesome. |
2 comments:
fun to see more pictures of baby jacob, what a handsome boy. looks like his pretty mama
I love long posts and I love Calebs art. More pictures of the baby please.
Post a Comment