Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cowboy Breakfast

Every year student housing holds a Cowboy Breakfast at the end of February or beginning of March. This was the first year we dressed up our kids, thanks to some gifts from Grandma Cooper. She made Caleb and Emily matching cowboy shirts and gave them hats and bandannas as well.
We usually walk since it is held about half a mile down the street.


Eating our breakfast burritos. I was surprised that Emily ate all of hers - she must be going through a growth spurt. Caleb just wanted to collect them. He ended up carrying four or five of them around for a while.


This is the first year Emily has been brave enough to enjoy the jumping castle at all. Caleb stayed by the window I was watching them through and wanted out after about two minutes.


The whole family! Yeah, Elinor's not looking at the camera and neither of the older kids is smiling, but that's what family pictures are like at this point. Waiting in line here for pony rides. I was sort of a spoilsport and didn't dress up. I've got to add some cowboy garb to my wardrobe! Joseph works with what he has. I thought he looked like an outlaw.


This is the first year Emily has been brave enough to ride the ponies. I think Caleb did it because she did, but also maybe because he is used to falling from great heights and the pony was little. He looks sort of grumpy and he was a little nervous at first, but he did great and ended up really having fun.


Joseph volunteered to lead a pony around in circles for about an hour (despite his allergies) to help the line move a little more quickly. He led Emily's pony/horse. This one was probably twice as tall as the other two.


Joseph loves all his kids, but he and Emily seem to have an especially good connection. They really have fun with each other and I love seeing them participate in activities like this together.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Caleb's expressions are great in all of these pictures:) They make me giggle. You guys are such an adorable family:)

rebecca said...

Pony rides! Poor Joseph.